Retirement planning can seem complex and overwhelming. We have some top tips that you might want to consider if you are planning for your retirement:
- Use online tools and our retirement calculator to assess your retirement planning progress
- Consider any tax implications if you are thinking about taking money from your pension too early
- Visit the governments free State Pension forecast tool to understand your expected State Pension – https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension
- Top up your pension as much as you can before you stop regular income
- Check you are up to date with any changes in the law or regulations that may affect your retirement and pension savings
- Seek professional financial advice
Read our article on “how much do I need to retire?” for more information on retirement planning.