The Importance of Work-Life Balance
National Work Life Week runs from 11 – 15 October and has been successfully operating for the past 10 years, courtesy of national charity Working Families. It is an opportunity for employers and employees to focus on good work-life balance and wellbeing at work.
Research carried out by Working Families for their #FlexTheUK campaign has shown 69% of working parents would choose to apply for a new job advertised as flexible over one that isn’t, and 83% want employers to do more to create flexible jobs without waiting for the government to intervene.
Covid-19 has had many unsettling effects, not only on the financial environment but also on emotional and physical wellbeing. This has forced many to reflect on their own work-life balance and personal health.
Supporting a Great Work-Life Balance
As part of our commitment to supporting employees at Ellis Bates, we have taken a variety of measures to help improve their time both at work and home, this includes:
- Offering a combination of home and office working.
- Providing wellbeing modules on our internal training system, Evolve.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme which is available 24 hours 7 days a week, providing debt counselling, legal and financial advice and up to six sessions per year of confidential face-to-face counselling.
- Publishing links through our internal intranet to charities and websites such as Mind, Citizen’s Advice, British Nutrition Foundation and Carers UK.
- Access to financial wellbeing benefits such as the company sick pay scheme, health insurance and life insurance.
- Help with the cost of a basic eye test due to working with Display Screen Equipment and a contribution towards the cost of lenses.
- Three employee-based teams:-
– Colleague Engagement, to help with ongoing suggestions and improvements to our work-life balance.
– Social Responsibility, to encourage engagement and a sense of achievement in helping others with our volunteering and charitable support programmes.
– Client Engagement, to bring life to our core mission of ‘enhancing people’s lives’ at every stage of the client’s journey.
For more information on our employee wellbeing and the company benefits we offer visit https://www.ellisbates.com/careers/