Chartered Financial Planner
BA (Hons), FPFS
t: 01423 724 519
m: 07738 456 279
I have worked as an Independent Financial Adviser since 1992 and have a host of qualifications combined with many years practical experience in helping people formulate their goals and then helping them achieve them.
I have passed the CII AF2 (Business Financial Planning) and JO3 (Tax and Legal Aspects of Business).
Prior to that I worked as a Management Accountant with BT and before that I studied at the internationally renowned Strathclyde Business School (part of Strathclyde University) where I graduated with an Honours degree in Economics and Business Law.
I am a Chartered financial planner and a Fellow of the Personal Finance Society.
I have just passed my exam to become a full member of the Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA):
“All SOLLA later life advisers specialise in the financial needs of older people. Professional qualifications, whilst essential, do not always give a full picture of an adviser’s experience or expertise. Those advisers who have taken the further step to become independently accredited can offer the added reassurance that they can give the practical help and guidance needed to help you make the right decisions at the right time. Why would anyone choose a financial adviser offering anything less?”
Full members of the Society must achieve the Later Life Adviser Accreditation and adhere to a Code of Practice to ensure their clients know what to expect from their services.
My approach is to very much help you formulate and then achieve your financial goals – whether these are protecting your loved ones should something happen to you, achieving your dream retirement, paying school fees for children or grandchildren, passing as much onto your beneficiaries (and minimising tax) or being well cared for should you require care at some stage.
My specialist areas of advice include:
- Financial lifestyle planning – i.e. setting targeted goals and finding the solution to achieve these rather than simply investing for the sake of it.
- Retirement planning and forecasting – pre-retirement.
- Pension and investments at retirement
- Insurance and protection
- Inheritance and Inheritance Tax Planning
- Wealth management – investment planning including asset allocation and diversification
- Asset protection and preservation including Wills, Probate, Trusts and Lasting Power of Attorney
- Financial advice for businesses, business owners and Directors including business protection, group pension schemes, tax planning, Directors’ loans, shareholder and key person insurance.
I use sophisticated cashflow modelling software to help you develop lifetime financial plans and to bring your financial future to life. I can help you to:
- Plan and analyse your financial goals
- Project them forwards over time
- See how changing circumstances will impact your plan
- See how likely it is you will achieve your goals
- See the actions you need to take along the way
I work alongside the Mortgage, Equity Release, Wills, Lasting Power of Attorney and Trusts team at Ellis Bates to offer you expert financial solutions and services from saving up for your first home to protecting your family’s inheritance in later life – and everything in between.
I work closely with our in-house investment team, who deliver a first class socially responsible investment proposition, along with an extensive range of strategies to suit all risk appetites.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my family and follow the (mis)fortunes of Scottish Football and Rugby teams as well as my boyhood club Partick Thistle.