Finance Assistant (Part Time Temporary to cover Maternity)
Supporting the Group Accountant, you will be involved in a variety of finance tasks, working across different business functions, dealing with incoming queries from colleagues, contractors and suppliers.
Role duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of KPI’s and financial reports as required.
- Basic knowledge of client management system & month end reporting.
- Sales ledger and general ledger entries for Ellis Bates Group companies.
- Process bank receipts and payments on Sage.
- Bank reconciliations for selected EB Group Companies.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for EBG companies as required, and maintain balance sheet reconciliations.
- Calculate IFA incentives.
- Support in preparation of the annual budget.
- Support in preparation of year-end audit files for external accountants.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of quarterly FCA GABRIEL returns
- General payroll administration
- Enter/check net salary payments onto Bankline within timescales.
- Prepare salary journals for management accounts.
- Be able to deal with Auto enrolment schemes and legislation.
- Report any potential breaches, including weaknesses in current systems to Group Accountant/Compliance Officer.
- Ensure all personal data you may deal with is securely held and properly utilised in accordance with the principles of Data Protection Act.
- Handle any complaints in accordance with the company procedures and regulatory requirements.
To undertake all other duties as reasonably required and directed
This Job Description may be reviewed and subsequently amended to better reflect any changes required in the role
To apply, please send your CV to Jo Nickell-Lean, HR Manager:
email@example.com in addition to a cover letter that details your suitability for this role.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE