Data and MI Analyst
Ensure accurate data collection across all business systems used for MI production. Design, create and manage MI report production required by the Directorate team and other managers as needed. Provide effective analysis of the data with observations, trends and recommendations clearly articulated.
Role duties and responsibilities:
- Overall management of all data reporting across the business.
- Prepare MI data to include regular schedules, so they are available consistently and on time; and as one-off queries when needed by the Directors.
- For certain reports, provide analysis of the data, noting observations, trends and providing recommendations based on the context of the report and wider business data.
- Identify and cleanse client data for marketing campaigns.
- Manage and cleanse client data to monitor delivery of service commitments.
- Support other teams with solutions to IT data problems (create spreadsheets, pivot tables, macros, SQL and such like.
Compliance and Security
- Ensure all relevant business procedures comply with FCA regulation
- Conduct personal learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with your individual T&C plans, demonstrating competence in relevant FCA compliance areas
- Report any potential breaches, including weaknesses in current systems to our Compliance Officer/Managing Director.
- Ensure personal data (client and employee) is securely held and properly utilised in accordance with the principles of Data Protection Act.
- Report to your Manager any wrongdoing by the company or our employees which fall short of the Whistle blowing business principles.
Other: Undertake all other duties as reasonably required and directed.
- Data production across various business systems, and so demonstrating an ability to manipulate systems to obtain different data.
- Excel skills at an advance level.
- Building MI reports from raw data from multiple sources.
- Presenting data – visually and verbally – in a way users can read, understand and question.
- Manage large volumes of data.
- Identify data discrepancies based on wider business context.
- Practical problem solving skills.
This Job Description may be reviewed and subsequently amended to better reflect any changes required in the role